Ways You Can Land Up With A Job On Instagram And Establish A Proven Career
As per the report and survey from eMarketer.com, by the end of 2018, there is going to be 100 million Instagram US base users. From some of the real people like you to some of the brands and companies, everyone will be part of this session. There are various big companies like AT&T, who are actually turning to this social media for promoting their cultures and even their open jobs. Now, the main question is whether people actually are using it or not. Are they actually using it to get any job done? With Instagram by your side, you can always respond with one resounding yes to the question. With more than 800 million active users and the numbers are counting, IG users will always prove their love towards this platform.
Lucky enough for you:
Fortunately, most of the job searchers are not actually using Instagram for finding a job. This is probably good news. There are so many recruiters and companies out there that might want to hire you for your skills. Recently, a post at Classy Career Girl stated that they hired an intern known to be quite interactive with them on social media, mainly Instagram. She is well-aware of her stuff so the company offered her internship for a year after checking how much she has interacted with the company, shared their articles and mission with her followers as well. So, it can be pretty much stated that people are getting hired on IG and on a daily basis, surely.
Steps to get yourself a job:
Is this your very first attempt in getting a job through Instagram? If so, then you are not quite sure of the options you have to follow for the same. Therefore, you can try out some of the best steps from Gramblast to get yourself a job on Instagram. These points are already proven to be the best in this lot and you can try it out on your own to believe its values more.
Have to start by creating a professional Instagram account first:
First of all, there is no other way but to create an account first. In case, you already have an account and you have some photos, which are not that suitable for the employers or the recruiters to see, it is always recommended that you create a second account under your name. In this way, you do not have to worry about any of your embarrassing photos and can keep your profile professional and classy as you have asked for it. It is quite easy to have two separate accounts because of the recent changes IG made. You need to click on settings and check on “add account” option. You can quickly go between professional and personal account while posting content.
- There are some other ideas for you to consider. The first option is first name last name. If this is not available anymore, you can always do first name_last name.
- For the second option, you can go for the basic of “your profession and name.”
- The third option is also rather simple for you to follow. That is going to be your brand name, which is the classic and basic of them all.
Work your way out for creating professional bio:
For the next step, you have to create short and compelling bio about who you actually are and the type of work you plan to do. In case, you have any professional account and also searching for job, it is always recommended that you have to add that you are in the lookout for a job. A proper and good promising tip over here is to use the LinkedIn summary for the one on IG as well. The best part is that the bio link can be directly added to the LinkedIn page or even on the blog or online profile, in case you have one.
Make sure to create content to be shared:
It is in this regard where you have to set yourself apart and really start using Instagram for getting a job. If you want, you can always create your IG resume. You have to be sure that the top 6 photos are always related to your career because the people of your companies will be checking out profiles if you are planning to interact them on the IG platform. There are some ideas of pictures, which you can try to post on your IG account.
- You can try adding some of the motivational quotes or texts. You can even place some advices that you have about your current industry in the quote images. You can further check out Wordswag application for easy way of performing this option.
- You can place some videos of just demonstrating the items right on your resume. You can even add videos of some other people saying how amazing you are as a person to work with.
- You can share photos of you working, photos of the firms you have already worked with and photos of you at events and conferences. It will add that sense of professionalism to your profile and you can work out on that. You can add photos of you accomplishing goals and even dreams in personal life like running marathon and more.
These are some of the kinds of photos to be used in your account and things will turn to work out pretty well for you. In no time, you can grow your business to a completely new level.
Follow some targeted companies and expand network:
Mist list of all the companies where you are planning to apply for or companies you hope to work in future. Then you need to follow them. You can easily Google the name of the company with Instagram. The firm’s IG page will be the first result. Or you can just use the search box in the IG app for the company’s page.
Following these points will surely help you to land a job on IG. So, establishing a positive career is not a big deal anymore!